A position as Lead UI/UX Designer where I can apply my passion for creating well-crafted products and services that are good experiences for the people who use them and good business for the organizations that build them.
- Process & Methods
Agile (Scrum, SAFE), Interviews, Workshops, Usability Testing, Surveys, Analytics, Card Sorting, Affinity Mapping, Research Synthesis
Wireframes, Mockups, multi-fidelity Prototypes, Personas, Journey Maps, Requirements, Style Guides, client/executive-ready Presentations & Reports
Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat…), Microsoft Office, Visual Studio Code
- Web Standards
Selected Work Experience
Senior Product Designer
Atlanta, Georgia | Sep 2018 - present
- Fusebox Gateway: UX lead for a React/Material-based frontend rewrite of a major payments gateway product. Supported development of a component library, accessibility compliance efforts (WCAG 2.0), and improvements to usability while ensuring alignment with existing features and business requirements.
- Centralized Identity and Access Management: Developed UX strategy to implement single-sign-on across disparate Elavon SaaS applications. Partnered with technical architects, product teams, operations, and marketing to enable previously siloed teams to execute against a shared vision.
- Self-Boarding: Designed a self-service online application process to accept card payments for small- to medium-sized businesses. Supported internationalization, white labeling, and regulatory compliance while reducing required fields by 50-75% compared to previous methods.
The Home Depot
Senior Enterprise UX Designer (Contract)
Atlanta, Georgia | Oct 2017 - May 2018
- Conducted research, design and testing supporting The Home Depot's associates with a close-knit Agile team of UX, Product Management, and Software Developers.
- Pipeline Engineering team: Conducted exploratory interviews, synthesized research, and developed roadmap for a tool to provide a traceable, holistic view of Home Depot's internal software development workflow.
- Home Services Measure team: Supported iOS and Android mobile applications (phone, tablet) to gather detailed specifications for renovations. Conducted user research, design, and produced high fidelity mockups in Sketch for implementation by development team.
Senior UX Engineer
Atlanta, Georgia | Feb 2016 - Sep 2017
- Designed and developed interactive dashboards, reports, visualisations, and configuration tools for Bastille's IoT security console.
- Reported directly to Bastille's VP of Product to translate customer requirements and use cases into new features and enhancements.
- Worked in a distributed, Agile environment in collaboration with back-end colleagues based in Bastille's San Francisco office.
Georgia Tech Research Institute
UX Designer/Research Scientist II
Atlanta, Georgia | Jun 2009 - Feb 2016
- Primary UX designer for FalconView aeronautical mission planning software: supported user testing and evaluation of desktop application; design of an iPad prototype; a re-build of the application's help system; migration to JIRA issue tracking and project management system; and analysis and visualization of software architecture.
- UX Lead for multiple Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) initiatives, including user research on healthcare professionals and applications of Medicaid claims data to improve patient care.
- Conducted user research (interviews, web/search analytics, card sorting) and developed information architecture for findability/usability-oriented redesigns of GTRI's corporate website and intranet.
- Rapid iterative design and prototyping of a web-based interactive data visualization suite for DoD acquisitions decision support.
- Other initiatives included a content management system (CMS) for exploring legislative trends; a web/mobile application for improved vaccination planning; and a resource coordination tool for intelligence analysts.
Atlanta, Georgia | Mar 2008 - Apr 2009
- Social marketing user experience design and strategy for H&R Block's 2009 tax season.
- Website internationalization strategy for Travelport, a B2B travel services provider.
- Personas, scenarios, site maps, and rich internet application design for the online business center of an international direct sales organization.
Georgia Institute of Technology
- MS, Human-Computer Interaction, 2004
- BS, Computer Science, 2002
Certificate in Social-Personality Psychology
- IxDA Atlanta: Local Leader (2008-2014), Member
- CHI Atlanta: GTRI Sponsorship Coordinator (2011-present), Technology Chair (2010), Media Chair (2009), Member (2005-2014)
- Atlanta UX Book Club: Founding Member (2009-2012)